Thursday, July 30, 2009

Want to see my new classroom?!?!

I got to go see my classroom today. It's beautiful! I have my own desk with a dell computer, counters, sink cuboards, a closet, tv with vcr and dvd player, dry erase board! I also got to go around the school and find a whole bunch of brand new art textbooks to use (I get to spend the next few days going through about 6 teacher manuals to figure out which ones I want to use!) and some art supplies too. We also found a whole bunch of nice art prints which I hung up around the room in cronological order. Kenzie also got to see her classroom, it's quite cute and she is so excited to go to school with mommy.
We had a bit of an adventure after we left my school too. On the drive home we saw smoke from a huge fire and it was really orange smoke, so we guessed it was some kind of chemical fire. They were closing off the highways, but we didn't think too much of it. Well we went to the swim park and while we were there I heard on the radio that they were evacuating Bryan, because it was a chemical warehouse that was burning up, and we were in the evacuation zone. So we went home but decided to just stay inside. Hundreds of people left and all businesses, even the great Walmart, closed but turns out it was kind of blown out of proportion and the evacuation was uncalled for. So it was a pretty eventful day.

This is just a funny picture of Mckenzie last night, she did her own hair, can't you tell?
These little tables and chairs are being taken out and replaced with large, high school sized ones.









Oh yeah, check out all it's majesty!





2 comments:

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

This is so exciting!!!! The room looks awesome. You're going to love it! Kenz is adorable.

Robyn said...

We are so proud of you!!!!