Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Activities







Merry Christmas!!!



Yep, it's been awhile, so here are a lot of pictures again! I had my school Christmas program, it went over extremely well and a lot of parents said it was the best one yet. Our props and decorations looked awesome! Mckenzie is also destined to be a star. The theme for the show was "Christmas through the decades" and her class did the 1980s. She was a hula dancer and she also got to headbang and play air guitar. She outshined everyone and stole the show, it was hilarious! I am enjoying my 2 week break immensely but it has occurred to me that I do not know how to relax, I always have to be doing something! So my house is going to get really clean I guess, which isn't exactly a bad thing. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!











Mckenzie decorating cookies



She liked to use the sprinkles a lot.










Such concentration!






We went to a Christmas party in houston with her cousins and Santa made an appearance.







Cousin present exchange, she was very excited.








This is the juke box I painted for one of the class props for our Christmas program. It was my favorite piece so I had to post this..









A hippie van my students painted.










The Christmas tree with my students' handmade ornaments.











The lobby decorated with our 7 decade santas. I drew them and my students helped me paint them, they turned out so good.












Yes they are a little out of proportion, but we got away with it them being cartoons and also it being so hard to draw a person that big!












































This is the gingerbread house that Kenzie and I made. She did almost all the decorating herself, not bad for a 4 year old!
















Christmas lights on our house.

















My little 80s hula girl!


















She was too cute. I worked the backstage left and during her performance she saw me back there and kept pointing to her face saying "Mommy, they painted my eyes!" I kept telling her to look forward and she finally did, it was so funny.



















Our house all decorated.





















1 comment:

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Steph! You are fabulous my dear. I love your Christmas Santas. Did you take any video footage of your hula dancer? She's so talented just like her mother, and b-e-a-utiful!!! I love her Christmas dress. I can't believe she is 4 already. Glad you enjoyed your break and that things are working out so well for you guys in TX. How far away are you from Houston? Good Luck with school and work starting up again!! Tell Paul and Kenz we love them! And I promise one day I'll be sending you a broadway shirt. When is your birthday? Happy New Year!!