Saturday, May 22, 2010

Faculty Fine Art and McKenzie's Birthday

We had a pretty good 5th birthday. On her birthday-eve we went black light mini golfing which was lots of fun, and then on her actual birthday we made froggy cupcakes to take to her class and had spaghetti for dinner and an entire cake to ourselves since Paul was working, but it was quite nice! My little girl is growing up so fast!







A lovely Princess and the Frog Cake







Not the neatest cupcakes but I tried!




Ok, this project was just a hoot! I got this idea for me and my high school kids to re-create famous fine art pieces but replace the heads with pictures of different faculty members!! They have created quite a stir and the Dean of Students started out Friday Teacher meeting by saying "So, Mrs. FitzSimon is getting fired..." (She was kidding, I brought my super-intendent to tears with laughter though once he saw these!)
I highly recommend this at schools, workplaces, etc for instance happiness and laughter

The Scream






Madonna and Child






Old Guitarist








Mona Lisa









American Gothic










The Thinker











Girl with the Pearl Earring













1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those are absolutely hilarious. I love them. Good for you!