Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

I have the greatest mom in the world and she has done so much for me! I was very fortunate growing up to have her at home all the time so she could take care of me whenever I needed her. I remember her taking a job when I started Kindergarten as a lunch lady so she could keep an eye on me during my first year of school. I remember her braiding my hair every Saturday night so it would be curly for church in the mornings, something I now do for my daughter. She drove me every morning to swimming lessons when I was 8 years old. She made my birthday cake every year and put a toy on the top. She sewed me princess dresses and capes to feed my fantasy obsession. She picked me up from countless play rehearsals and went to all my shows. She took me shopping all the time and I loved going to the nursery with her to get flowers for the yard. She surprised me for my senior prom by buying me the most gorgeous dress and then taking me to get my hair professionally done. She cried on the night I went to my senior grad night because I was growing up too fast, and she is always there to give me advice and help me whenever I need it.
I love my mom so much and if I can end up being half the woman she is I will have done a good job with my life. Happy Mother's Day mom, I love and miss you!!!

No comments: