Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all!! So I did a tribute to moms on Mother's day so it is only fair that I do one for the dads today. First we have my dad, he is funny, really smart, cuddly, and an amazing cook. My fondest memories of him are going to used book stores, museums, stopping at scenic outlooks on the road and having him tell me the scientific name for everything ( And I would look at him and say "Dad, you gotta stop making up names for stuff! and he would laugh ) I also remember playing broadway tunes on the piano and him waltzing in the kitchen with my mom and singing them ("Old man river" and "Some enchanted evening"). One of my earliest memories is going to Harbor Branch and seeing him off on one of his cruises and as the ship was pulling away I said to him "It's ok you are going dad, because we are going to see "Thumbelina" and you can't come!". And he laughed as he pulled away. He is so fun, I love him.

Of course Paul wouldn't be a dad without Mckenzie so here is another cute picture of her with her oh so annoying Mickey Mouse ears that play songs.

And next we have John. Paul says some of his best memories of his dad are when they would have long talks after he got in trouble, and he made Paul sit down so he wouldn't have to yell up at him, he he. He is also known for never letting you get a good picture of him, so we were lucky to catch this one of him on the nightly news...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

5 comments:

Patti said...

What a fun tribute to some special dads. I agree, Dads are pretty great.

Alie and James said...

Fun pictures. Dads totally rock!

Lorie said...

I've been so busy I havn't been reading blogs for a while. It was fun to read back and catch up on your cute little family.

Lorie said...

That can't be your dad, my brother isn't that old! Ha Ha!

angiemine said...

I can REALLY see the resemblance between Paul and his dad.