Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Update

Yes it has been a while since I wrote a post but we have been quite busy. Starting on Sunday we all three began crying for two days off and on, until finally we got to Tuesday and we were all pretty calm...said goodbye to Paul around 4pm and put him on the bus to Salt Lake, and then Kenzie started to cry which set me off crying....and then we got to talk to Paul on our cell phones when he was on the way down to his hotel and we all cried off and on, and then today he had his last examination, did fine, and got put on the plane to Oklahoma, and then once he got there he got put on another bus to the Fort and called me and we cried some more (Hey, he has never been gone this long, leave me alone!) but he is doing fine and is at his basic training now for 10 weeks. We get to talk to him just on Sundays but it will be nice once he graduates and goes to his Job training because then we get to talk to him every night. I started class today for my last semester, WHOO HOO! They are all going really well and I am way excited. Even my icky math class shouldn't be too bad. My only "fun" class is a children's theatre class and my professor is paying me to design his sets, make masks for the play, and do lighting and sound so that is really fun. After the play is rehearsed, we bring in all the local schools to come watch us perform so it should be really exciting. Mckenzie is doing better, she is still confused about where daddy is but she has her own British Nanny ( My old roomate who is my best friend and she is from Liverpool) and she just loves her to death! Today they watched Finding Nemo, played blocks, and had a tea party. And in just 15 short weeks I will be all graduated and packing our little house up to move wherever the army sends us. Please keep us all in your prayers since we are all a little shaky still and nervous, but things seem to be going well and we know this is the right thing for us. Pictures to come, I just haven't had time to take any.

5 comments:

The Crebs Family said...

YOu are way stronger than me..I haven't ever spent a night away from Riley...I am a major wuss! Glad your semester is going well so far and I am jealous you will be done so soon!! Good luck with everything.

angiemine said...

I know it is difficult but I am so proud of the strength all of you showing. You are a great support for Paul. We are keeping you all in our prayers and I'm putting a blue star in my front window. I hope the time flies by for both of you. Love mom and dad

The Mathesons said...

I'm sorry you guys have to e separated for so long, but at least you'll be busy with school and stuff so maybe that will make time go by. I know Paul will do a great job! Mckenzie is the luckiest kid to have a real British nanny!! We're here for you guys and will definitely keep all of you in our prayers.

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Steph I admire you so much. It is so hard to be apart, but Paul is amazing and you are both so strong! We'll be thinking about you and praying for you always. Good Luck with your last semester. Sounds like you'll have a good time with all the set making and stuff. Give Kenz a big squeeze for me and Nate! We miss you guys.

Paula said...

Welcome to the life of a military wife. You can do it! It is amazing what we can do when we are forced to. It will only make you stronger! Keep your chin up!