Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update


We are not very happy here. I have been sick since Monday and it keeps getting worse, feels like my throat is on fire! And Mckenzie caught it yesturday but is being a trooper and it won't stop her from playing. It really stinks that all my classes put so much emphasis on attendance because I have had to go to all of them this week feeling miserable, luckily I had no school today. The job search is still on and we are just so glad to live in the great state of Idaho, the 3rd worse state to find a job in during our lovely economic crisis. All the stores here have posted "No openings" outside their doors and the newspapers have nothing, but we are still trying. Luckily, we have applied for numerous jobs in other states and there are a couple law enforcement jobs that it looks like Paul could get...no one has responded to me yet though, (Grumble, grumble). But on the up side for me, they doubled my salary for the children's theatre at school that I am making and designing masks for, designing and painting sets, and running lights and sound. Also my professor wants me to help him teach a mask making workshop with him next Saturday so I was pretty excited about that, it will be a good resume thing. We are just happy that I am graduating in April and we can leave here because Idaho has come to a complete dead end and it sucks here! Oh please let us move somewhere with lots of jobs and warm weather!

2 comments:

Alie and James said...

I am sorry you are sick. That is no fun. Hey, when it's time to move you should look for positions in the South....it never gets cold there. I hear Georiga is nice...

PaulandSteph said...

He he, yes Georgia is so nice, and very pretty too. I have been looking everwhere in the south and on the West coast because at least there is no snow. I thought about going back to Florida but I don't want to do Hurricanes again and Florida is like one of the worst states for jobs right now. But Georgia looks good :)