Saturday, September 27, 2008

More of my favorite things

So tonight as I am sitting in our living room watching NCIS (I have to watch them all with Paul because I made him watch all 4 seasons of desperate housewives!) I decided that I need something to do with my hands, so I am writing a super long post about some more of my favorite things in life.

First we have my favorite cookies, pepperidge farm brussels. I also love all kinds of milanos, veronas, and chessman.
Next we have a kitchen aid, I don't have one but I have always wanted one (anyone wants to get us one for Christmas, please feel free!)
Next we have my favorite book, no surprise, Twilight, and I also love Harry Potter, Strandia, Susan Lynn Reynolds books, Phillipa Gregory, The guinevere books, Mysts of Avonlon, and many more!

My favorite flowers are white roses...
Peach and purple lillies, tulips (look futher down page) and Astromerias
Favorite car is a hyundai Santa Fe, I once test drove one and fell in love, this is going to be my "Teacher" car when I start my job!
Favorite bags are printed totes. I love them, they are cheap and so versatile.
Favorite collectible are my willow tree statues. I have six of them and I think they are so pretty.

I love rocks and stones of all kinds, and my favorite is slate. When I have a house I'm going to have a bathroom like this. When I painted sets, slate was by far my favorite thing to paint too!
Favorite all around artist and creator is Brian Froud. He wrote all my faerie books, did all the creatures for the movies Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and many other Jim Henson shows, and he and his wife make amazing sculptures and dolls. He is incredible!
Alltime favorite painter is William waterhouse, who did all these incredible pictures of myth and legend throughout history. Here is his Mermaid...
And the "Lady of Shalott" based on the poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson (one of my favorites as well!)
Here are the tulips!


Favorite musicals are Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods, Children of Eden, Phantom, Beauty and the beast, How to succeed in Business without really trying, Fiddler on the roof, Jane Eyre, Rent, Ragtime, Sunset Boulevard, and good grief there are just too many of these to list. ( Did you know that Shrek the musical comes out this December? I am too excited!)
Favorite movies are the 10th kingdom, Count of Monte Cristo, Braveheart, Stardust, Princess Bride, Pride and Prejudice ( the new one, not that horrid 6 hour one!) Juno, Father of the bride, Harry Potter movies, Beauty and the beast, Music and Lyrics, and this list could go on forever too, lets just say I like a lot.

Favorite decorating thing: tapestries. I would drape the whole world in them but I think it might be a bit overwhelming...maybe just one really gorgeous one,they are so pretty!
Another favorite decorating thing is wrought iron scrollwork. Whether it is on furniture, railings, clocks, candlesticks...its gorgeous and elegant and I love it!

Thats everything, I have had a great day today cleaning house and baking my first loaf of bread in my bread machine that I have had for two months and never used! Mckenzie and I had fun yestuday too, we had to go on a little adventure walking all over campus trying to find a copy of the play " A raisin in the sun" that I have to read for script class. I finally got one from one of my professors who I good friend with, but Mckenzie was exhausted after walking uphill on the campus so I treated her to ice cream in the student union building and all the students walking by had to stop and tell me how cute she was and how great I am for going to school and being a mom, so that made me feel pretty good :) Hope everyone has a good weekend and thinks of all the things in life that make them happy!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Sounds like a great day! Its always good to make lists of favorite things to help us remember all the things which we love and are grateful for. There are lots of beautiful things in the world, they make for a happy spirit.