Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pet Peeves

Well I am done with my first week of school and it is going well. I have to read a million and one plays, direct two scenes and an entire one-act play, and write tons and tons of papers this semester but none of that bothers me in the least. There are several things that have come to my attention that drive me insane and I feel impressed to share them on my blog because I have the right to talk and whoever dares to listen will have to put up with it, so this is my list of pet peeves.

1. People who can't drive-honestly, why is everyone in such a hurry that they can't obey simple traffic laws and never look where they are going? Or am I just doing things wrong since I have never once even thought of not driving correctly?

2.People who can't walk-There are so many stinking college students who just walk out in the middle of the street and think that nothing can hit them, or that the world stops for them. Newsflash: If I hit you and you are not in a cross walk, it is not my fault and you will be the one that will pay for my car damages!

3.People who think they are God's gift to acting-I am in a couple of Theater classes with a lot of freshman and sophmores ( I deeply regret putting them off for so long) and I have never seen so many people trying to compete for attention in my life! I was put in a discussion group today to talk about theater genres and design aspects, but despite my many efforts to try and talk about the assigned material, the other three girls felt impressed to tell us all how many shows they have been in, how they were the best in high school, and how they hate going to performances because they think they are better than everyone in the cast. ( Funny, I have never seen them in any of the shows!) Good grief I hate actors sometimes, GET OVER YOURSELVES, NO ONE CARES. *The same can be said for art students, yes we know you are talented, lets practice some humility.

4.Doctors who give you expensive tests for no reason. Just don't ask.

That's all. I suppose it isn't too my complaints for a whole week. I think I am progressing....oh wait I thought of a 5th one

5. People who hide under the facade of not having any pet peeves. EVERYONE has them and those who pretend not to are so obnoxious!

There now, I'm done. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

No comments: