Thursday, October 23, 2008

Post # 100!!

Well this is my 100th post, whoo hoo, and what am I going to do with it? I am going to GRIPE about stupid people! Well OK, just a little bit, and then I will tell you about our week. First you get to hear about my day. I got up, went to my Directing class and started to fight with people over who to cast in our one-acts. We get to do this every time we do a project, fight over which actors we get and by using a process of "Pick the number in my head" from my teacher, one of us ends up with the actor we hopefully want. Well we decided just to hash it out beforehand so we could all peacefully discuss options for our plays. Ya, that didn't happen. It was a blood bath of threats, bribes, and attempted sabotage. We cast them next week and I am praying I get the guy I need because he is the only one that can play the part in my show! I am way intimidated, we have to do a one-act complete with costume, lights, sound, set, etc, and all the professors come to watch it. Can we say EEK?! Next I went to observe an art class at a middle school which was enlightening.....then I went to my art methods class (the one I did the amazing project in last week) and I was completely enraged because one of the people who presented their projects today stole ideas from MY presentation!! I really hope my teacher notes this and doesn't award her full credit for her lack of creativity and need to steal other people's ideas! And to top it all of, there were many stupid random people today saying and doing their typical stupid BYU-Idaho things, but no need to get into all that, we know these people are in abundance here!
Anywho, on to happier things... Paul purchased the game Fable 2 for our XBOX this week with his birthday money and for those that don't know, Fable is the most fabulous game ever created! We have had the first one for years and it is just so much fun. So between homework, work, cleaning, cooking, school, play rehearsals, and sleep, we have squeezed in some much needed video game time. Let the happiness begin!

A funny Mckenzie moment: Mckenzie has started standing on her stool in the bathroom and making faces in the mirror. Today I heard her cracking up in there and found her holding her hair up on both sides saying " I'm Shrek!" it was too funny.

2 comments:

tweedlediva said...

What play are you directing? I remember when I did that... it was a pretty stressful time, especially since I was doing Children of Eden at the same time. We got to hold private auditions, though- so no fighting over cast.

PaulandSteph said...

I am doing "A thing of Beauty" because most people are doing one-acts that everyone has done or heard of, and no one has ever heard of it. We are using the actors from the acting 1 class, but I am allowed to hold auditions as well if I need extra people.