Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm bored, sooo some random thoughts..

Well Mckenzie and I are bored out of our minds....we have been through 3 Christmas movies while cleaning the living room and kitchen (Fred Claus, Elf, and The Grinch), also Hancock which is fabulous, completed my take-home directing test after cursing the name of my teacher a few more times since I hadn't hit my quota for the week, and now we are still awake and don't know what to do! I should probably also explain why its just the two of us all alone....for those that do not know, Paul is in Salt Lake at MEPS for the army because he is joining the military. This is something that we have been discussing for a few months and looking into, and Paul has basically brought the idea up every year since we have been married but I usually crush the idea. Well this time I explored the idea and did my research and after much prayer we decided that it is the right thing to do. Paul has always felt a need to serve his country and the military has always been something he was extremely interested in. So as long as he passes his medical exam tomorrow, he will sign his papers and go to basic training on Jan. 7th, the same day I start Winter term. So Kenzie and I will be alone here for about 3 months then Paul will graduate basic and his training school, and I will graduate here in April and then he will come home to help us move to wherever they send us and I get to take a little break before I start teaching in a year or two. So Mckenzie and I are getting a taste of what it will be like just the two of us and I gotta say, we need to find more things to do than a million movies and cleaning! I think I'll write a book and learn to sew...yes that sounds nice. I was also sitting here wondering why no one ever comments on my blog.... I know lots of people read it, but I wonder if I have done some kind of terrible deed to offend everyone.....I don't think I have, but oh well, at least it is therapeutic to put your thoughts out into the Internet universe for random people to read. Still, it makes me wonder why people are interested at looking at your blog if they don't like you or if they don't want to comment at least once in a little while. Also while I am watching The Grinch, I realized that my favorite part of Christmas isn't presents at all. Actually, Christmas day is rather depressing because its all over and you have to then take down your tree and get ready for another year. I love watching Christmas movies, shopping in the mall with Christmas music playing and the smell of fudge from the candy stand, the decorations everywhere and in your house, and baking all day long just to pack it up in tins to give to your friends. Its just so much fun and this year we are having such a hard time trying to figure out what we even want! We are unfortunately going to hit up Walmart on Black Friday mainly because there are some deals for Kenzie that I just can't pass up, but nothing for me that I really want. It's funny how that changes from when you are young to when you have kids, I could just buy her stuff for the rest of my life and not buy me anything and be completely content. (Yes my child is spoiled, but I only have one right now so that's allowed!) Anywho, thanks for listening to my little bored rant, hope I entertained you a little and if I did please leave a contribution in the comment box :) ( I feel like a street musician!)

10 comments:

Alie and James said...

That is great that Paul is joining the military. I think he will really enjoy it.

tweedlediva said...

.25
.10
.5

There you go... all of my pocket change. Buy yourself something nice.

PaulandSteph said...

He he, thank you very much.

Patti said...

We hope you have a great Thanksgiving! You should have come to SLC with Paul, we could have kept you from being bored.:)You know your always welcome!! If you have any questions about being a military wife just let me know! I think you guys will enjoy the military.

PaulandSteph said...

I would have loved to come, but I wasn't allowed. The army paid only for him to ride the bus down and get a hotel, they wouldn't have paid for us to go, and I had homework to finish by today too.

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

My dearest Stpehanie! Sounds like there are some major changes on the horizon. I wish we were still there so I could watch Kenz while you are in class during Winter Semester and hangout all the rest of the time. Tell Paul we are proud of him for his decision and I hope everything works out. Steph I thoroughly enjoy your blogging! What type of book do you want to write? I think I'll do the same while I'm all by my lonesome in this large city. I miss you! Keep us updated and enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

PaulandSteph said...

Yeah we have big changes but they should all be good ones. We will be here till this summer though if you are in the area. I have several children's books I've started that I am also illustrating so maybe I can get them published too.

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Congrats to Paul.

angiemine said...

I don't leave comments because most of the time it won't let me!!!! But I check everyday for updates.

Paula said...

The military has been great to us so far, I think you'll like it. Good luck.