Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My final word...

OK, this is seriously my last word on this ridiculous subject and then I refuse to speak of it again, unless something horrific in the country happens. I have apparently been accused of being racist simply because I do not like our new president. Let us clarify a couple things, shall we? First of all, I grew up in a high school full of diversity and have several African American friends, of whom I still speak to. When I say I am tired of hearing about the fact that Obama is black, I am saying it because I know that it is the #1 reason as to why he got elected. Many young people and people who have never voted, came out to vote not for what he was saying or doing, but because they finally wanted a black man in office. I understand that it is historic, it is, but face it, if McCain had said half the things that Obama had said in the election than NO ONE would have voted for McCain! I am tired of hearing about his race because we should be talking about the things he will do for the office and we should vote on those reasons alone. I don't trust the man and once I found out he was elected, I got the most horrible bad feeling in my gut and felt like now is the time to prepare for the worst because I am really scared as to where our country is going to go. I sincerely hope I am wrong, I hope that this time next year I feel really stupid because our country is doing great and he is doing all the things he promised that will supposedly get our country in a good spot. But lets face it, how many democrats actually do what they promise? I could go on an on with lists from his election that shows how deceitful this man it, but its not necessary. Bottom line, I don't like him, don't trust him, but he is the president now and all we can do is wait and see. So everyone that loves him to pieces, whether you like him because it is the current "popular" thing to do or you actually like him for his politics, keep it to yourself and let me respect my views to. You all have permission to rub it in my face later on if he turns out to be wonderful, but right now lets let the issue drop and be quiet about it.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hey steph! I was just thinking the other day that I have no idea where you moved to and the only number I have for you is the one from the Days Inn. Could you call me or e-mail me your phone number or address! I would love to come see you guys before I go home this semester! =)